Spiced Apples, Squash, and Carrots
Experience delicious spiced apples, squash, and carrots roasted with sun energy! You may enjoy the meal as a lunch on a sunny day in spring.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 2
Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten Free
- 2 small butternut squashes, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, cubed
- 2 6-ounce Granny Smith apples, peeled, halved, cored, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A dash of nutmeg
Heat butter in a medium-sized pan or skillet on SolSource by aligning it with the sun. Add squash and carrots and stir. Add salt and allspice and stir well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until squash and carrots begin to soften. Add apples. Season with cinnamon and nutmeg, stirring thoroughly. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes. Add maple syrup and stir well, cooking for another 5 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!