To design products that help people live sustainably within the resources of our One Earth.
One Earth Designs has both a for-profit and a non-profit branch. Our for-profit branch is a B Corp incorporated in Delaware, USA. Our non-profit branch is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization incorporated in Massachusetts, USA.
Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder
Our founders are Forbes 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs. Our co-founder and CEO, Dr. Catlin Powers holds two solar energy patents and has received 15 international awards and distinctions for her scientific research in the clean energy space (see list below). Dr. Powers’ ScD dissertation focused on household energy in rural China. She currently holds a lectureship position at Harvard University and sits on the Clean Cooking Committee at the International Standards Organization.
She has received the following prizes and accolades:
- Marry White Peterson Prize for innovation in the biological sciences
- Camilla Chandler Frost Prize for contributions in the field of environmental studies
- Became an EU Environmental Laureate in 2012
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers Sustainable Technology Award
- US National Design Award
- US National Science Foundation’s International Research in Engineering Award
- US EPA’s People, Prosperity, & the Planet Award
- Muhammed Yunus Innovation Award
- MIT IDEAS Award (3 years in a row)
- MIT $100K Business Plan Developed Market’s Award
- MIT Lemelson International Technology Award
- Clinton Global Initiative Commitment Award
- 2016 Class of Young Leaders – Asia Society
Images of One Earth Designs activities
We have a logo for the company One Earth Designs, and a product range logo SolSource.
Our videos can be viewed and downladed directly from YouTube.